BCM Sleep Center
An estimated 50 million Americans suffer from sleep disorders, including snoring, sleep apnea, narcolepsy, restless legs and insomnia. The impact of these sleep disturbances on the health and welfare of our society is enormous.
While the majority of sufferers remain undiagnosed, the good news is most sleep disorders can be effectively treated.
The BCM Sleep Center offers one of the Southwest's most comprehensive, state-of-the-art sleep medicine programs. Our renowned team of physicians includes one of only 75 doctors worldwide - and the only one in the state of Texas - certified in Behavorial Sleep Medicine by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM).
Who can benefit?
Patients who may benefit from our comprehensive evaluations include those with:
- Morbid obesity
- Chronic renal failure with daytime fatigue or
- Unusual sleep behaviors such as sleep walking
and dream enactment
- Sleep disorders associated with shift work
- Polycystic ovarian disease
- Obesity and pregnancy with snoring
- Fibromyalgia and excess fatigue
- Depression with sleep complaints
- Leg cramps at night
- Obese patients for preoperative evaluation,
including bariatric patients
- Difficulty falling asleep or frequent awakenings
- Loud snoring
- Excessive daytime sleepiness, chronic fatigue
- Restless legs syndrome
- Heart failure/cardiomyopathy
- Uncontrolled hypertension or diabetes mellitus
- Stroke or recurrent TIAs
- Unexplained nocturia
- Sleep attacks and unexplained syncope
- Unexplained peripheral edema
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Nocturnal angina
- Nocturnal gastroesophageal reflux disease
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
who may require supplemental oxygen
Sleep, Without Pills
Two of the most common sleep disorders seen in clinical practice today are insomnia and sleep apnea. Treatment of both requires highly specialized expertise, including cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), the American Academy of Sleep Medicine's recommended first-line treatment for insomnia.
BCM Sleep Center is one of the few sleep centers in the country offering expertise and experience with this unique treatment option. Our proven experience with CBT offers patients an opportunity to achieve long-term improvements in their sleep without the use of medications.
Improving CPAP Therapy
Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) therapy is the treatment of choice for obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) and snoring. Unfortunately, after making the initial investment, many patients have difficulty adjusting to the CPAP equipment and stop using it.
At BCM Sleep Center, we offer unique expertise to improve CPAP compliance. Our comprehensive desensitization program helps patients use CPAP more effectively, alleviating snoring and sleep apnea. In addition, we offer patients direct access to Baylor College of Medicine's world-renowned experts in allied health fields such as ENT, bariatric surgery, neurology and oromaxillofacial surgery, to address underlying health conditions.
Hours & Phone Number
- Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- To schedule an appointment,
- call 713.798.3300
The care has been excellent at Baylor Clinic since the day it opened. I have been treated with respect by skilled professionals. Tests are performed promptly and results are timely. The front desk staff is friendly, efficient and kind!