Alkek Eye Center
The department of Ophthalmology at Baylor College of Medicine is delivering a standard of eye care unmatched in our community through our renowned team of physicians and surgeons. We offer exceptional clinical and surgical care, innovative, advanced treatment options based on the latest research, and state-of-the-art facilities and equipment.
We're also improving patients' vision and advancing the treatment of eye disease and disorders through:
- Outstanding educational programs for ophthalmology residents and fellows, medical and graduate students, research scientists and practicing ophthalmologists
- Leading-edge research in the structure, function and diseases of the eye and the visual system
- Public programs for the prevention of eye disease and injury
We also offer inpatient care and outpatient and inpatient surgery at the Neurosensory Center of Houston, Texas Children's Hospital and St. Luke's Episcopal Hospital. In addition, our physicians provide teaching and assist in patient care at Ben Taub Hospital, Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center and community health centers of the Harris Health System.
The department of Ophthalmology actively participates in clinical research trials, offering our patients the opportunity to participate in the latest advances in eye care.
Lee and Joe Jamail Specialty Care Center
1977 Butler Blvd.
Houston, TX 77030
Innovative procedures offered by Baylor Vision can help you see better.
Hours & Phone Number
- Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- To schedule an appointment
for laser vision correction,
- call 713.798.8273
- For all other appointments,
- call 713.798.6100
- Visit the Ophthalmology website.
- Are you interested in participating in clinical trials? Discuss opportunities with your physician.
I was very impressed with the interior of the building - it was the first time I had been here. I found your staff to be professional, courteous and friendly. When I went in for my scan, I appreciated how friendly my caregiver was, how she took the time to explain the procedure, and her skill at drawing blood. This place is first class.