The department of Neurology at Baylor College of Medicine offers expert diagnosis and treatment for patients suffering from diseases of the nervous system, which includes the brain, spinal cord and peripheral nervous system.
Over the past several years we have seen an explosion of new knowledge regarding the workings of the human brain and nervous system. These scientific advances have led to new ways of diagnosing neurological disease, new methods for treating previously untreatable diseases, and new insights into the effective control of stroke, dementia, epilepsy, parkinsonism, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer's, Tourette's Syndrome and other neuromuscular diseases.
We are dedicated to continuing these advancements through leading-edge neurological research and education, rapidly translating the latest scientific findings into meaningful new therapy for our patients, and creating an environment that develops the next generation of preeminent neurologists.
We practice a collaborative approach to patient care, working closely with other Baylor College of Medicine specialties to provide personalized, comprehensive care in one convenient setting.
For patients requiring subspecialty neurological care, we offer some of the world's leading specialty clinics, including:
- Parkinson's Disease Center and Movement Disorders Clinic
- Tourette's Syndrome Center and Childhood Movement Disorders Clinic
- Maxine Mesinger Multiple Sclerosis Clinic
- Alzheimer's Disease and Memory Disorders Center
- Baylor Comprehensive Epilepsy Center
- ALS Clinic
- Neuropathy and Neuromuscular Disease Center
- Neurogenetics Clinic
- Electromyography/Nerve Conduction Velocity (EMG/NCV) Clinic
Hours & Phone Number
- Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- To schedule an appointment,
- 713.798.CARE (713.798.2273)
- Visit the Neurology website.
- Are you interested in participating in clinical trials? Discuss opportunities with your physician.
I was very impressed with the interior of the building - it was the first time I had been here. I found your staff to be professional, courteous and friendly. When I went in for my scan, I appreciated how friendly my caregiver was, how she took the time to explain the procedure, and her skill at drawing blood. This place is first class.