Smith Breast Center Services
Patients come to the Smith Breast Center for a variety of needs, including:
- Routine mammography screenings for early detection
- Abnormal mammograms
- Breast lumps
- Family history of breast cancer
- Evaluation of risk for breast disease
- Diagnosis of breast cancer
- Treatment of benign breast disease and breast cancer
To address those needs, we offer a full range of services including:
- Breast cancer risk assessment, genetic testing, and prevention
- State-of-the-art breast imaging, image-guided biopsy, and breast cancer diagnosis
- Same-day intervention, when appropriate, for abnormal mammograms
- Breast cancer treatment, including surgery, radiotherapy, and chemotherapy
- Reconstructive and restorative surgery
- Support services to meet the emotional and educational needs of our patients and their families, including individual counseling, group therapy, and support groups for family members
- Access to NCI-sponsored clinical research trials
- Patient care coordinators for guidance, continuity and support throughout the care process
- New patient screening appointments available within weeks versus months
Hours & Phone Numbers
- Breast Center physicians
- Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- To schedule an appointment,
- call 713.798.1999
- Monday 7 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Tuesday - Friday 7 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- To schedule a mammogram,
- call 713.798.2180
- Visit the Lester and Sue Smith Breast Center website.
- Are you interested in participating in clinical trials? Discuss opportunities with your physician.
Everything went so smoothly, from my initial phone call to the nursing care I received. The reception area staff is a real asset - they are extremely friendly and professional.