BCM Orthopedic Surgery
Idris S. Gharbaoui, MD
- Associate Professor
- Department of Orthopedic Surgery
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Chief, Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery Hand Service, Texas Children's Hospital
- Surgery of the hand and upper extremity ? pediatric and adult patients
Idris S. Gharbaoui, MD, is an associate professor of Orthopedic Surgery at Baylor College of Medicine. He specializes in orthopedic surgery of the hand and upper extremity for both pediatric and adult patients. His practice focuses on hand and upper extremity surgery, peripheral nerve surgery, brachial plexus injuries, repair of birth and traumatic hand and upper extremity injuries, microsurgery and reimplantation.
Dr. Gharbaoui has trained in Houston, Paris and Morocco. He earned his medical degree with honors from Mohamed V University in Rabat, Morocco, where he remained for residency training in both general surgery and orthopedic surgery. He completed numerous hand surgery fellowships, including hand and upper limb surgery training at Reims University Hospital in France, pediatric hand surgery training at Trousseau Children's Hospital in Paris, and hand surgery training at the Institut Francais de la main in Paris. He also completed fellowships in pediatric orthopedics, plastic surgery of the hand, and orthopedic hand surgery at Baylor College of Medicine.
Previously he served as chief of Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery and chief of Pediatric Orthopedics at the University of Texas Health Science Center.
Dr. Gharbaoui is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons.
- MD: Mohamed V University, Rabat, Morocco
- Residency: Mohamed V University
- Fellowships, pediatric orthopedics, plastic surgery of the hand, and orthopedic hand surgery: Baylor College of Medicine
- Fellowship: hand and upper limb surgery - Reims University Hospital, France
- Fellowship: pediatric hand surgery - Trousseau Children's Hospital, Paris
- Fellowship, hand surgery: Institut Francais de la main, Paris
- Phone: 832.822.3100
- Fax: 832.825.3127
- Email: email@example.com
- Appointments: 832.822.2778
- Baylor Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery
- Clinical Care Center
- Texas Children's Hospital
- 6701 Fannin, 8th Floor
- Houston, TX 77030