Effective healthcare requires patient involvement and responsibility. To ensure the best possible treatment and results, we ask that you:
- Provide as much information as possible about your health, medical history and insurance benefits. Tell us all you know about your present illness, health history, medications you are taking (including over the counter and herbal medications), medication allergies and anything else about your health that would help us treat you.
- Communicate with us. Tell us if you do not understand what our staff is saying to you or if you do not understand your treatment plan. If you choose not to follow the treatment plan recommended, let your practitioner know of your decision.
- Keep your appointments to ensure your care is complete.
- Let us know as soon as possible if you need to cancel an appointment so we may offer your appointment time to another patient.
- Accept responsibility for your actions if you decline treatment or do not follow your practitioner's instructions.
- Ask your doctor or nurse when and how you will receive the results of tests and procedures.
- Report unexpected changes in your condition to your practitioner.
- Follow the Clinic's rules and regulations.
- Act in a manner that is respectful of other patients, our staff and Clinic property.
- Meet your financial obligation to Baylor Clinic and your practitioner.